Learning Support Assistant – Fixed Term
The Stockwood Park Academy are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant.
· Are you passionate about supporting students?
· Are you looking for a school that will train and support you to gain your QTS?
· Do you have experience working in small groups or 1:1 with SEN/EAL children?
If the answer is yes to these questions, The Stockwood Park Academy would love to hear from you!
The Stockwood Park Academy are seeking to appoint Learning Support Assistants to help support the teaching and learning of an individual or groups of students. We are looking for enthusiastic, dynamic and knowledgeable candidates who will contribute to the intellectual and social development of students and support their achievement in Literacy and Numeracy and other specific curriculum areas as directed.
If you want to train to become a teacher but not sure how, The Stockwood Park Academy can train and develop you so you can gain your Qualified Teaching Status. If you are a graduate and interested in starting as a Learning Support Assistant, after 12 months of successful completion in this role we can support suitable candidates in becoming a qualified teacher.
We are looking to recruit Learning Support Assistants who have the right attitude and will represent our positive ‘can do’ ethos that runs through our Academy. Therefore, you do not need to be a graduate to be successfully appointed for this role.
The successful candidate will
· Have excellent literacy and numeracy skills (minimum of Grade C in GCSE’s or equivalent)
· Be able to take part in training and liaise with a wide range of people including teachers, parents, carers, students and pastoral team
· Be able to listen to the direction of the class teacher, follow agreed lesson plans and use support strategies appropriate to the needs of students.
· Be able to prepare, maintain and deploy appropriate learning aids, materials and equipment.
· Be able to contribute significantly to the planning of teaching and learning for the whole class and/or individual students
· Be able to contribute to the care, health and welfare of students in accordance with the school’s health and safety and related policies
Start date asap
Salary NJC L3 6-8 £19,698 to £20,493 FTE dependent on experience actual pro rata salary £15,823-£16,462
Job Role one year Fixed-term, Full time, Term time and INSET days
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy?
· £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms
· You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
· Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
· All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
· Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
· Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
· Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The Department for Education (DfE) has set out statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ for schools and colleges on safeguarding.
Safeguarding is defined in paragraph 4 as: “Protecting children from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.”
The definition of 'children' includes everyone under the age of 18.
The Stockwood Park Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Welcome to The Stockwood Park Academy, part of The Shared Learning Trust.
With a new Head of School, Mumin Humayun, this is an exciting time to join The Stockwood Park Academy Teaching Team. Your colleagues are friendly, highly e...