School: The Trinity Catholic School
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Term: 32.5 hours per week, term time only
Salary: Band 2 £13,999 pa
Closing Date: 9.00am, Monday 1 March 2021
Start Date: 19 April 2021
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to work within our pupil inclusion unit. The role will provide support and guidance to young people who are experiencing difficulties with their learning due to social, emotional, or behavioural issues.
You will be required to build positive relationships with both staff and students to provide the highest level of support for our young people.
The ideal candidate for this role would be a person who has a desire to support and engage vulnerable students with a range of needs. The role requires a person who is resilient and who has a true passion for engaging our most challenging students.
The right applicant will have an empathetic and passionate approach along with:
• Experience of working with challenging young people that may include those with SEND needs.
• Confidence in working with students with challenging behaviour and emotional issues.
• A passion for helping students overcome barriers to learning.
• An understanding of how to establish positive working relationships.
• Ability to be a patient, understanding and a positive role model.
We can offer:
• wonderful students who have a passion for learning and deserve the very best
• a team of talented and highly committed staff
• a supportive working environment with excellent facilities
• a commitment to outstanding CPD opportunities for all staff through our position as a lead school in the Trust’s Teaching School Alliance.
Applicants must have a good understanding of issues that such students may encounter and understand the importance of the Inclusion function within school. The successful applicant will hold high expectations of all students and will be committed to providing support to assist pupils in overcoming barriers to learning and encourage raised educational achievement.
Working hours are 8.30am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday with 30 minutes lunch each day.
Closing date: 1 March 2021 (9.00 am)
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
The Trust and The Trinity Catholic School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants. We value equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community including those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
If you had not heard from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
The Trinity Catholic School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years