Plumstead Manor is a thriving secondary school, dedicated to providing a world-class education to the young people and families of Royal Greenwich. We are an 11-18 school, with a mixed sixth form and will become fully co-educational over the next 4 years as we successively welcome mixed cohorts into Year 7. We hold a strong commitment to promoting excellence, justice and success to young people of all abilities and backgrounds in a vibrant and harmonious community.
Ours is a rapidly improved school, rated Good by Ofsted in May 2018, where we aim to inspire and nurture young people to develop a love of learning which will sustain them through their lives. It is this which will see them succeed and progress into further education and the future career of their choice. We believe that high quality teaching, in a safe and friendly environment, is the key to unlocking the potential that all our young people have, so that they can go on to change the world for the better.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our thriving Learning Support Department. The role involves a combination of in-class, one-to-one, and small group teaching across a range of areas including reading, writing, and cross-curricular support. The role’s working hours are 31 hours per week, 39 weeks per year.
If you have:
- Maths and English qualifications to Level 2 (GCSE Grade C or above)
- A work-related qualification
- Experience of working with ‘K’ and ‘Q’ Students and those with EHCPS.
- The ability to be committed to the school’s vision of success, harmony, excellence and justice for all young people, irrespective of their ability or background.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work alongside colleagues dedicated to achieving the best for every young person.
- The opportunity to benefit from professional development within our school, and across a network of local schools.
To apply, please visit www.plumsteadmanor.com and apply online. Alternatively, contact the HR Team on 020 3260 3123 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref: 758/LSA.
Closing date: Friday, 25th October 2019 at noon.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. References will automatically be requested for all shortlisted applicants prior to interview. The successful applicant will be required to be DBS checked prior to taking up post.