Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced Learning Support Assistant to join a coeducational secondary school in Hertfordshire. The Learning Support Assistant will be joining an experienced SEND support team. The role includes working with secondary aged pupils in a 121 and group basis supporting them with English and Maths. The Learning Support Assistant role starts as soon as possible and will be appointed on a long term basis till the end of the academic year initially with a view to going onto a permanent contract for the right candidate.
About the Role
• Learning Support Assistant
• Working with secondary aged students
• Focussing on English and Maths support
• Full time starting asap
• Up to £80 per day - Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
About the School
• Co-Educational school
• Pupils aged 11-18
• Good level of SEND and pastoral support within the school
• Nearest station Hemel Hempstead
In order to be considered for this role, the Learning Support Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Proven experience supporting the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number GMH1264
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.