Hours: 36 hours per week, Monday to Friday, Term Time Only
Orchard Hill College is a non-residential National Specialist College for adults with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities including Autism. It is a unique and rewarding place to work and has both a broad range of learners and a dynamic and supportive staff team. We treat our students with the dignity and respect they deserve and provide them with more opportunities than ever before to be part of the local community. We operate out of centres in Uxbridge, Carshalton, New Malden, Wandsworth and Camberwell Green. Ofsted awarded us Grade 1 (Outstanding) in December 2013 and we maintained this grade in November 2019. We deliver a range of courses to our students throughout the year and need our staff to be able to work at any centre, if required.
We are looking for Learning Support Assistants specialising in Autism and/or learning difficulties/disabilities to join our busy, vibrant College, where our committed workforce is dedicated to empowering and enabling students to achieve. You will be required to provide support to our Lecturing staff to assist in providing educational activities for adults with special needs. You will do so by:
1. Providing students with the support, understanding and continuous opportunities to fulfil their learning potential, in and out of the classroom.
2. Supporting the Integrated Services team by carrying out health and well-being programmes as directed by the Nursing team, Therapist and/or lecturer.
3. Supporting students to fulfil their individualised learning programme derived from their aspirations and life goals, which may include work experience, community-based programmes and independent living skills.
4. Working in harmony with all staff to ensure a positive atmosphere within the College is maintained for the benefit of our students
5. Ensuring that students’ well-being is maintained at all times including promotion, respect and advocate for the inclusion, equality and diversity of our student cohort.
You will support our students to gain self-confidence and independence through encouragement and reassurance, and the use of teaching and learning strategies within the Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) framework. You will do this by supporting the students in accessing a range of home, community, work related and basic skills learning programmes, under the direction of the Lecturer.
You should have experience of working in an education setting with individuals who have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities including Autism. Applicable experience of working in the care or voluntary sector will also be considered.
To apply, please complete the application form on the TES website.
Please note that CV applications will not be accepted or considered.
Closing date: 8am Monday 27th September 2021
Interview: w/c 4th October 2021
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Orchard Hill College, Beaconsfield
Kingston upon Thames
- Special needs with state funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years