Cathedral Primary School
Learning Support Assistant KS2 (Full Time)
Medical and SEND
Term time only, full time
Required from 1st September 2021 (or sooner if available)
Fixed Term until 31st August 2022, in the first instance.
Applications are invited from a committed, enthusiastic and experienced LSA providing a combination of individual support, small group intervention and class-based LSA work in KS2. The role will provide in class and intervention support to a child with ASC, support for a child with medical needs, and general intervention and class-based LSA support.
Cathedral Primary School is a unique two-form entry primary school, based in the heart of Bristol in the lower floors of the historic Central Library building. With links to Bristol Cathedral and sharing outdoors space with our partner secondary school, Bristol Cathedral Choir School (BCCS), CPS offers extensive musical opportunities to pupils and is proud of its strong emphasis on music, maths and access to foreign language from early years.
The Head Teacher is looking to recruit an outstanding LSA who shares the vision for Cathedral Primary School as a centre of excellence for primary education, committed to inclusion and grounded in a strong musical tradition.
The Head Teacher wishes to appoint an individual:
- With experience of working with children with either ASC, Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs or ADHD and associated needs;
- With experience of working with children with medical needs;
- Who is committed to supporting high quality learning and experiences for all children;
- With an excellent understanding of Primary provision and who is able to work closely with the Class Teacher and SENCo to support the learning of an individual child, adapting learning tasks as required;
- With experience of running small group interventions;
- Who is thoughtful and creative with the ability to motivate children to give their very best;
- Who is patient, positive and resilient;
- Who are Team Teach / Positive Handling trained, or willing to undergo this training.
Candidates are very welcome to contact the school to discuss an out-of-hours visit. In addition, there is a virtual tour of the school building available on the homepage of our website
Staff at CPS work in close partnership with other primary and secondary schools within Cathedral Schools Trust. The Trust is committed to providing staff with opportunities for personal and professional development, providing candidates with the opportunity to work alongside a group of committed professionals.
SCP13-17 £18,148 - £19,536 (1.0FTE)
Actual Salary £14,658 - £15,779 (0.8077FTE) term-time only
Applications should be received as soon as possible and by midnight on Sunday 28th February 2021 at the latest.
Interviews will be held on Monday 15th March 2021.
Please note that all posts at the School are subject to initial and periodic checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service as the school takes every measure possible to ensure the safeguarding of its students.
Cathedral Primary School
Bristol, City of
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years