Fernwood is an 11-16 School enjoying an excellent reputation for high standards of achievement and behaviour. We offer a school with:
• An ethos of ‘High Achievement with Care and Discipline for All’
• A teaching profession that is dedicated, innovative and talented
• A teaching profession that is treated with respect and afforded autonomy in the classroom
• A wonderful group of students who behave well and have high aspirations
• A strong Progress 8 score
• Staff and Governors that are professional and enjoy working together for the benefit of the young people we serve
• An Ofsted outstanding judgement
• Leading Edge Status
The Governors and staff are committed to continuous improvement and welcome applications from candidates with drive and determination.
The successful candidate will be a Qualified Level 1 Learning Support Assistant
Our Learning Support Team requires a highly skilled and qualified teaching assistant with strong communication and literacy skills, to support individual students and small groups within the classroom. This will include academic, sensory and physical support. The successful candidate will need to be able to work with students of all ages and be able to work within a range of lessons across the school.
Applicants must have English and maths GCSE at grade C or equivalent.
If you would like to have a look around the school or talk about the post prior to application, please contact Mr A Grant (SENCO) firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details are available on our website www.fernwoodschool.org.uk . Please complete the application form together with a letter of application (no more than two sides of A4) outlining what your skills and experience will bring to Fernwood, and how you will be able to fulfil the job description.
Please return your completed application form and supporting letter to Mrs C Smith, HR Manager & PA to Head Teacher, by post or by email to: email@example.com
The Fernwood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring) check.
The Fernwood School