Required for January 2021 (exact start dates to be confirmed)
Year 3/4 - 16 hours per week (fixed term contract 6.5 months)
This post has the potential to be extended, dependent on local authority funding.
Loughborough Amherst School is part of Loughborough Schools Foundation and is an Independent Catholic co-educational School in the centre of Loughborough. We have a Preparatory School from ages 4 to 11 and a Senior School and Sixth Form (11 to 18). We have a long and respected tradition of educating the whole person. The School enables students to achieve their full potential within a warm, caring family environment.
We are seeking a Learning Support Assistant to support individual children in years 3/4.
The successful candidates will…
• Be enthusiastic, motivated team-players who enjoy working with children.
• Work under the direct instruction of the SENCO, Class teacher and Head of Prep to promote access to learning for both the funded pupil and others within the class
• Be caring, patient and supportive with a positive attitude
• Have previous experience of supporting children in a school setting – particularly children with SEN.
• Have relevant childcare qualifications and be educated beyond GCSEs.
• Have excellent communication skills with both children and adults
• Have the ability to work well both within a team and when using their own initiative to differentiate and deliver 1:1 interventions.
We will offer…
• Fantastic pupils who are keen to learn
• A supportive and experienced staff team, who constantly strive for excellence in their teaching and learning provision.
• An attractive and caring school environment with small class sizes and a wide extra-curricular offer.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates.
To apply, please visit our website and click the apply now button. Please make it clear in your application which position you are applying for.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 14 January 2021
Interviews to take place in the week commencing Monday 18 January 2021
Loughborough Schools Foundation are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Loughborough Schools Foundation is a Company Limited by Guarantee No.4038033. It is also a Registered Charity No.1081765
Loughborough Amherst School