Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant / LSA to join a mainstream secondary school in South West London. The work will be with secondary aged children, and could be in-class support, as well as 1:1 and group work. This is a full time Learning Support Assistant / LSA role starting September 2019. The successful Learning Support Assistant / LSA will be on a temporary contract for one or two terms, with the potential to extend.
About the Role
• Learning Support Assistant / LSA
• Working across KS3 and KS4
• Working with mainstream and SEN children
• Small group work, or 1:1 and general classroom support
• Starting September 2019, temporary ongoing contract (term time only)
• Hours are 8.15am to 4pm, from Monday to Friday
• Pay starts at £70 per day, and is dependent upon experience
About the School
• All girls secondary mainstream school located in the London Borough of Wandsworth
• Rated by Ofsted as Good, this is a large secondary school commutable from South West London
• Large modern and recently refurbished buildings
• Spacious classrooms and bright communal areas
• The school is located in Zone 3, and is accessible via overground and underground tube stations
In order to be considered for this role, the Learning Support Assistant / LSA will need to meet the following criteria:
• Proven and recent experience working as a Learning Support Assistant within the last 2 years
• Organised, diligent, punctual and flexible
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa / right to work)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number LXD30217LSA.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.