Learning Support Assistant
Vision for Education is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking Learning Support Assistant to join our successful supply teaching team and work in a school in the Newcastle Local Authority.
£60.00 - £69.00
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is 6-8 weeks experience as a Learning Support Assistant.
Working as part of an energetic team, the successful TA will focus on delivering support to young people who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties. This is a full-time position, working between the hours of 08:30 – 16:30, Monday to Friday. This role is due to commence as soon as possible and for the right person, will lead to a permanent position.
The successful candidate will ideally have Team Teach Training however this is not essential. If applicants are successful, you will have access to this course free of charge.
To be considered for the Learning Support Assistant position, you will:
- Experience supporting young people on a 1:1 basis and/or in small groups.
- Experience of providing support to young people who struggle to regulate their emotions.
- The ability to develop positive working relationships with young people and staff.
- A patient and caring approach when working with young people.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £390.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an individual who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle SEND team on 0191 229 1386.