32 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Inspire their remarkable with us
Unity City Academy is an 11-16 Academy and proud to be part of the Academies Enterprise Trust family of schools. We are within easy access from Middlesbrough and the Tees Valley and close to the A19 motorway.
We take from a very diverse catchment area which means that our students are at the heart of everything we do, and we challenge and support them to achieve their full potential. You will find our students to be engaging, proud to live in and give back to their community and are ready to learn – all we need is you!
We are looking to appoint to the important post of Learning Support Assistant (Romanian speaking). As part of our dedicated and caring Learning Support team you will work in partnership with class teachers to support learning in line with the national curriculum.
We are looking for:
- An individual with experience of working with young people across a range of pupil needs including pupils with disability, learning difficulties and/or behavioural problems.
- A Romanian speaker who can support academy staff by interpreting for students and parents, when required
- Someone who can act as a liaison between the Academy and the Romanian community when needed
- Someone with experience and an understanding of young people who present with social and emotional difficulties
- Someone who can interact with, and support students, according to individual needs
- A passion for working with young people to help them overcome their barriers to learning.
- A desire to work with and support in mental health
We can offer:
- Students who will make you proud to work in the education profession.
- A commitment to develop your skills and experiences through tailored and effective CPD.
- A culture of reflection and determination to make Unity City the best Academy in Middlesbrough.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Monday 11 November 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.