Focus School Ridgeway Campus is seeking to appoint a flexible and dedicated person to support the learning and educational progress of our students.
The school provides an outstanding level of education for all pupils. In 2017 Ridgeway Campus (formerly Cottingham Campus) made the top 100 school list for its GCSE results, placing 32 out of all schools in the country including state and independent schools, both selective and non-selective (DFE 2017). The school offers enjoyment, opportunity and professional challenge within a supportive environment. Our goal is to reach outstanding in all areas and to become a leading edge school. At our campus we are promoting new concepts in education which include Self-Directed Learning.
- Have experience of working with children, preferably within a secondary school setting
- Be able to demonstrate how to support a child whilst encouraging independence
- Have patience with a flexible approach and positive attitude
- Have knowledge, understanding and commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion informed by practical experience and application
- Enjoy being part of a supportive team
- Respect the school’s aims and values
- An already successful school with excellent and outstanding aspects
- A strong team of specialist staff
- Support from colleagues within the network of Focus regional schools
- An outstanding CPD programme for staff and are committed to continuous improvement
- An attractive salary package
At the Ridgeway Campus we seek to promote excellence in education and enjoy outstanding student achievement, engagement and behaviour, reflecting the Christian ethos and values of the school.
Please visit our website: www.focus-school.com for further information relating to Focus Learning Trust, alternatively you can follow us on LinkedIn.
We welcome visits to the school prior to application. For a pre-application discussion or to arrange a visit, please telephone the Head Teacher on 01482 840722
Closing Date for completed applications: Friday 28th September 2018
Focus School Ridgeway Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2016 and The Education Act, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment