We are seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to join our friendly, supportive team to contribute to our school’s community and vision. As a growing school, we are looking for and individual able to work across EYFS, KS1 and KS2.
• Competent in targeted support for intervention groups
• Someone who enjoys working with children and can effectively develop their learning
• Able to demonstrate sound knowledge of good practice
• A good team player, flexible, organised and prepared to use your initiative
• Willing to participate in training
• Imaginative, creative, energetic and interested in moving on children’s learning
• Someone with excellent interpersonal skills, a good standard of English and Maths and able to communicate effectively with adults and children
• Able to work across the primary age range
• Enthusiastic about and committed to supporting children with a wide range of needs (both behavioural and/or learning), in groups or 1:1
• Keen to make a difference by leading intervention groups
If so, we offer:
• Delightful, enthusiastic and engaged children.
• A commitment to your continued professional development.
• A vibrant, creative school committed to consistently improving outcomes for all.
• A welcoming and friendly community of committed staff, governors and parents.
If you wish to discuss this post further, please contact our school office on 0208 300 4161 in the first instance.
To apply for this vacancy please complete the Application Form, paying particular attention to Section 4 of the form, to indicate how you satisfy the criteria set out in the Person Specification. Once you have completed this, the form should be submitted via email to HR@birkbeck.bexley.sch.uk.
Please note that applications will be considered as soon as they are received. References will be requested for those shortlisted only and prior to interview. Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Interviews will take place on Friday 1st October 2021
This post is considered to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The school therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the person specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks.
The school is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery.
Birkbeck Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years