Learning Support Assistant
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
£60.00 - £69.00 per day
Vision for Education is currently seeking a full time Learning Support Assistant to work in a school in the Sunderland local authority. The school caters for students aged 2-11 with SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties) and PMLD (Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties) including ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). This role is to start out on supply however could lead to a permanent position for the right individual.
Working as part of a hardworking and dedicated team, the successful Learning Support Assistant will focus on delivering support to young people with SLD and PMLD.
This position will be 5 days a week, working 08:30 – 16:30 Monday to Friday. The successful candidate will ideally have Team Teach Training, however this is not essential and can be provided by Vision free of charge for successful applicants.
To be considered for the SEND Learning Support Assistant position, you will:
- Have experience supporting children in small groups and/or 1:1.
- Have experience working with children with Autism, SLD, PLMD and other complex needs.
- Ideally, have a DBS on the Update Service.
- Have a patient and caring nature.
- Be available to work between Monday and Friday 08:30 – 16:30pm.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake a face to face interview and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offers
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £390.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an individual who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle SEND team on 01912291386.