Learning Support Assistant (LSA)
Competitive salary offered based on skills and experience
Permanent / Full Time
Start Date: November 2019
We are seeking to appoint a creative and inspirational LSA who is ready for the next stage in their career.
● Are you an experienced SEND practitioner?
● Are you ready to join a skilled and enthusiastic LSA team?
● Do your high expectations of learning inspire and motivate students and staff?
The successful candidate will be:
● An outstanding LSA seeking to achieve professional development
● An excellent communicator with students, parents/carers and staff
● Committed to developing 21st-century learning skills and qualities for every child
● Excited by the opportunities presented by different learning methodologies and new technologies
● Someone with experience of running interventions and small group withdrawal with Years 7 and 8
● Committed to safeguarding and relates well to children and adults
● Have strong literacy and numeracy skills
About Wapping High School:
● Inclusive multicultural 11 – 16 Free School located in East London
● Innovative digital and flexible 21st-century learning environment
● Small school with only 84 students in each year group
● All Year 7, 8 and 9 pupils have their own Chromebook devices
● We offer a range of GCSE subjects
● An exciting curriculum including REAL projects and STEAM in Key Stage 3 where pupils develop
their knowledge of Humanities and scientific skills through projects that incorporate engineering,
technology, coding and other digital skills
● We actively engage with the wider community through trips, visits and projects
● Competitive salaries based on experience and skills
● The chance to learn from the best practitioners in this country and around the world to develop new approaches in learning
● Outstanding CPD opportunities
● A supportive environment where staff are valued as an integral part of the Wapping High family
Visits to the school are warmly welcome as are informal discussions with our Head, Mr Gary Nelson or Assistant Head and Assistant Head / Leader of SENCo, Mr Will Overil.
Please contact the school on 020 3597 3670 or via email at email@example.com if you wish to arrange either of these.
The closing date for applications is Monday 11th November 2019 at 16:00
Shortlisting will be shortly after closing date with interviews commencing week beginning
Monday 11th November 2019 or sooner depending on the amount of applicants for the role.
We may alter the closing date if we are receiving a high amount of applicants before the closing date mentioned above.
Wapping High is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to undertake a criminal DBS check .