We seek to appoint an enthusiastic, professional and knowledgeable Learning Support Assistant to join our SEND team. We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to support a student with complex visual impairment needs to access the curriculum and make good academic progress.
You will support this student in three main ways by:
• Promoting achievement so that any gap between the student’s current level of progress and that of their peers is reduced.
• Ensuring the student is able to access learning and achieve best outcomes.
• Supporting the student to be socially included and to remove any barriers to their learning.
Full training will be provided.
The Astley Cooper School is an increasingly popular and academically successful school. We are part of the East Dacorum Co-operative Learning Trust and are looking forward to a multi-million-pound new build as part of the Government’s Priority School Building Programme.
An informal discussion with the SENDCo before making an application is welcomed. For further details please visit our website www.astleycooper.herts.sch.uk or email Mrs Louise Dorey, PA to Headteacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not heard from the school by the closing date of this advert, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please note that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received
The Astley Cooper School
- Mainstream school with state - foundation funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years