We wish to appoint a part-time Learning Support Assistant (15 hours per week) who is passionate about supporting student learning. We are looking for a reliable, committed, enthusiastic individual, preferably with some experience of working as part of a school/educational environment.
The role requires providing support for an individual student in both academic and social aspects of learning. The role will also include responsibility for small group learning and promoting a purposeful and inclusive learning environment. Additionally, providing general assistance to the class teacher in the management and organisation of the students and classroom, preparation of resources as well as break time duties.
ISL Surrey Primary School is a culturally diverse community which fosters a passion and enthusiasm for learning. Our core values are: Diversity, Understanding, Identity and Passion. Students' cultural and linguistic identities are valued and nurtured through our international curriculum. We are committed to the growth and development of every child and respect and support their individual needs. We aim to help students develop the attitudes, skills and understanding needed for active and responsible contributions to both local and global communities.
We are looking for:
· Approachable and caring nature.
· High expectations for students and learning.
· High level of motivation with strong team work and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively with all students, staff and parents.
· Commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
· An enthusiastic, flexible and friendly approach.
· GCSEs, or equivalent, in English and Maths are essential.
· Experience of working with students with additional needs and challenging behaviour.
· An understanding of strategies to support students with additional needs.
· Experience of working with children with speech and language difficulties. A willingness to undertake training in this field.
We offer you:
· Enthusiastic and engaged students who love to learn.
· An exciting, vibrant and welcoming atmosphere.
· A happy, caring school community and a staff team who are committed, compassionate and hardworking.
· A commitment to professional development for all staff.
For further information about the school, and to make an application please visit our website:
Submit a completed application form, a one page covering letter and up-to-date CV including contact details of two professional referees who have supervised your work.
For any further information about the post, please contact Daphne Davies at: email@example.com
ISL Surrey Primary School is dedicated to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people, and expect all staff to share this commitment. Any offer to successful candidates will be conditional upon an Enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.