Focus Learning Trust is part of OneSchool Global, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 18 countries worldwide, our 10,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods.
Due to stable growth our team are now looking to recruit a Learning Support Coordinator to join our Focus School Newtown Campus. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and highly motivated LSC to undertake operational leadership of learning support across the campus. You will be responsible for the management, training and deployment of learning support staff, along with ensuring there is clear and consistent communication between colleagues, staff and parents regarding the needs of students.
Our schools offers achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education, pay meticulous attention to detail and who wish to maintain our environment to the highest standard. Our goal is to become a leading edge school in every aspect.
- Operational responsibility for the day to day running of Learning Support across School.
- Assess the needs of pupils and use detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support pupils’ learning. This includes assessing access arrangements for public exams.
- Maintain the SEN register in accordance with the Learning Support Policy.
- Ensure all teaching staff are fully aware of Passports and targets for students on the SEN Register, and that targets are highly tailored and effective to support students’ progress.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate specific intervention programmes for identified students
- Work with staff, students and parents to ensure pupils are set meaningful targets for improvement and monitor, track and analyse the progress of each student.
- Lead a team of Support Assistants in the planning, delivering, evaluation and review of the Learning Support.
- Deliver training as required, to support teaching and learning for students with learning support needs.
- Organise and manage appropriate learning environments and resources.
- Ensure communication between teachers and parents is highly effective in meeting students’ needs and bridging support strategies between school and home.
- Have relevant qualifications or experience working in a school with SEND students or those gifted and talented
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures.
- Have previous experience of coordinating a team of Learning Support Assistants
- Be adaptable, resilient and have a desire to make a lasting difference to the lives of our students
- Enjoy being part of a supportive team
- Be caring and enthusiastic
- Respect the school’s Ethos and Values
In return we offer:
- Enthusiastic and respectful students
- Modest class sizes
- An already successful school with excellent and outstanding aspects
- A strong team of specialist staff
- Support from colleagues within the network of Focus regional schools
- New exciting concepts in education, which include Self-Directed Learning across all Focus Schools
For more information about Focus Learning Trust or specific information relating to our Campus please visit http://newtown.focus-school.com/ or follow us on LinkedIn at Focus Learning Trust
For an informal discussion or visit to the school please contact the Rebecca Midwinter on 01686 670152 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: Friday 23rd November 2018
Interviews will be held week commencing: 26th November 2018
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
Focus School Newtown Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment