Learning Support (with a focus on SEN) - Curriculum Intervention Assistant within the English department
Commencement Date: As early as possible in the Autumn term
Salary: Grade 4 (£20092 - £22183) pro rata – (actual salary £17,185 - £18,974 with under 5 years’ service)
Could you help our students to improve their learning of English? The Governors of King Ecgbert School are seeking to appoint a full time (term time only) Curriculum Intervention Assistant (SEN Learning Support) in this outstanding, system leading school at the heart of the Mercia Learning Trust. The role would commence September 2021 or soon after and would be fixed term for 1 year in the first instance.
We are delighted to offer the opportunity for a highly skilled and talented individual to join our English department. At King Ecgbert School, we believe in and promote our ERA values:
Academic Excellence for all
Showing Respect at all times
Having high Aspirations and personal goals that go beyond our time in school
The successful candidate will coordinate individualised learning and develop additional provision across the department supporting the teachers in delivering quality first teaching. The aim of the role is to raise aspiration and attainment for a range of students, with a particular focus on those with SEN, through innovative and inspirational provision. Additionally, please note that King Ecgbert School is looking for applicants who are committed to serving a diverse population and have experiences and perspectives that will enrich our work.
The successful candidate will:-
• Have experience of working with students in a specified curriculum area (English in this case), including understanding the curriculum and exam specifications of that subject up to GCSE level
• Be confident in planning with the teacher, in conjunction with the SENCO and delivering relevant SEN interventions
• Be able to work with parents and family carers
• Work successfully with colleagues from the named department
• Be well organised and flexible
• Be able to use own initiative and work independently
• Be creative and have a passion for the curriculum subject
This position an opportunity to shape and develop future provision and become part of a talented and resourceful curriculum based team.
King Ecgbert School is a highly successful and Ofsted recognised ‘Outstanding’ school which provides a first class education for over 1300 students aged from 11 to 18. We are looking for staff who are enthusiastic and are keen to make a difference.
Closing date for applications is: Close of business Friday 17 September 2021
Interviews are provisionally scheduled for week commencing 20 September 2021
King Ecgbert School