LEARNING SUPPORT PRACTITIONER
CROXLEY DANES SCHOOL
33.5 hours per week, Term Time plus 5 INSET days
H3 Point 5: £19,312 + £898 fringe allowance FTE (pro rata)
Actual Salary including fringe allowance: £15,581.93 per annum
Required from 22nd February 2021
We are seeking a Learning Support Practitioner to facilitate students in accessing the curriculum by supporting them in mainstream and small group lessons.
We would like you to have:
- Experience of ICT (Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills (GCSE English and Maths or equivalent)
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to communicate on all levels
- Ability to understand the needs of students, staff and visiting professionals
- Ability to be flexible in approach and to work as part of a team
- A natural aptitude to model the Trust’s core behaviours – ‘We display transparency, kindness and respect in all our interactions with others, and support each other in all our endeavours. We are tenacious in our desire to make the difference together’.
- Previous experience working as a Learning Support Practitioner
- Knowledge of SEN need types and evidence- based interventions
- Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Experience of SIMS
- Knowledge of school procedures
We can offer:
- A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school
- The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
- The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
- Exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and across the Teaching School Alliance
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
- The full job description and an application form can be downloaded from the school website
- Completed applications to be emailed to Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager, by 9.00am on Wednesday 27th January 2021. Please email to email@example.com
- Please include a covering letter and completed application form with the contact details of two referees
- We reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable applicant be found. Therefore, early application is advised
- Interview date: Monday 1st February 2021.
School Address: Baldwins Lane, Croxley Green, Hertfordshire WD3 3LR
Danes Educational Trust Address: C/o St Clement Danes School, Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW
Tel: Dawn Gamble 01923 589699 / 07796 751982
Croxley Danes School
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Thank you for your interest in Croxley Danes School.
This is an extremely exciting time to join Croxley Danes School as in September 2020, the school opened its brand new permanent accommodation at Baldwins Lane in Croxley Green, including a building...