Full time preferred, part time considered, term time only
We are looking for a creative and committed Learning Support Teacher who is a fully qualified and experienced primary school teacher with postgraduate qualifications in SpLD teaching (OCR Level 5, 7 or equivalent is essential). The successful candidate will join our experienced and dynamic team with responsibility for teaching children with both literacy and numeracy difficulties across the primary years.
The post-holder should also have:
- A deep commitment to child-centred education and to the ethos of the school
- Knowledge and understanding of neurodiversity
- Ability to organise, prioritise, plan ahead and coordinate a variety of tasks and procedures
- Ability to establish successful relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues
- Recent successful experience in a similar position.
If you share our vision and are a reflective, hard-working, and forward-thinking professional, we would very much like to hear from you.
Please see the attached job description for a detailed description of the duties involved in this role, as well as a person specification of our ideal candidate.
Closing date for applications: Midnight, Sunday 17 January 2021
To apply for this role please visit our website and apply via our online Application Form.
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
King Alfred School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years
King Alfred School is a small, friendly, independent, co-educational child-centred school. We accept pupils from age 4 to 18; the school is strictly non-denominational embracing a wide ability range. Classes are unusually small and pastoral care is v...