£21,368 - £32,563 (dependent upon qualifications and experience)
The post holder will act as a Lecturer to students on a range of courses offered within the FE Animal management and veterinary nursing area, liaising with the other staff, course team and the Head of Faculty. The role would suit candidates with a focus on subjects including Animal Biology, Chemistry/Biochemistry and Genetics
The post holder will undertake teaching on a range of subjects within the animal management curriculum of a primarily theoretical nature with occasional practical instruction, demonstration, portfolio building, life skills development and the other appropriate work relating to students’ learning programmes.
The post holder will have a suitable Animal Management or related subject qualification such as a Higher National Diploma or Honours Degree in Animal Management or a related subject, and is experienced with learners from 16 years of age. Experience of dealing with young people and the challenges they bring would be advantageous. The successful candidate will preferably have teaching experience, and hold or be willing to attain a recognised teaching qualification including the A1 assessors award.
This role will be based at the Sparsholt campus with a January 2022 start, or earlier if possible.
Closing Date: 20 September 2021
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on- site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays
• Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider