Blackpool and The Fylde College sits in the heart of Lancashire and our mission is inspirational learning creating outstanding futures. Offering a wide range of courses from GCSE to Degree Level, we place the learner at the heart of all we do. As we are in the center of Lancashire, we have access to fantastic transport links to Manchester, The Lake District and The Ribble Valley. All of which are within an hour travel time.
This position will sit within Leadership, Management and Lifestyle. Is is a part time post, 6 hours per week between 12:30 and 20:30 Monday or Wednesday.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- To assist in the development and delivery of the managed learning of students.
- To be directly involved in the delivery and management of student learning within the Curriculum area.
- To be fully conversant with course regulations and specifications for the defined area thus ensuring conformity and best practice.
- To assist in the development and delivery of related programmes.
- To liaise with other staff to ensure a high standard of teaching and learning.
- To assist with securing quality improvement within the Curriculum area.
- To assist with monitoring student recruitment, retention and achievement and take remedial action where necessary
- To use effectively the systems used in College (electronic or otherwise) to ensure student success, ie e-tracker, Moodle, internal verification etc. (This list is not exhaustive).
- To be responsible for meeting recruitment targets including participation in interviews, Open Days and specific curriculum events.
- To maintain an awareness of Health and Safety at all times and ensure that students are aware of safe practices and procedures.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
This job description is current at the date shown and may be amended after consultation and agreement between management and the post holder.
If you would like more information about B&FC please click the link below. Or simply apply if this sounds like the position you have been looking for.