Lecturer - Computing
Closing Date: Sunday 18th August 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Salary: Up to £35,123 depending on experience
Nelson and Colne College, an Outstanding education provider with excellent facilities and unparalleled staff benefits, are looking for Teacher of Computing on a Permanent basis to join their successful team.
Delivering inspiring and exciting sessions in computing, the ideal candidate will focus on sharing good practice. They will be committed to their own continuous professional development, and will engage enthusiastically with our quality processes to ensure that our students receive an Outstanding experience and support.
The successful candidate will have a real passion for their subject and be enthusiastic about all aspects of their teaching practice. Working within a friendly and supportive team in a department that is extremely well resourced and has the most up to date and effective teaching equipment, the successful applicant will have a focus on raising aspirations and encouraging students in the realisation of their ambitions, and ensuring they have the skills necessary to either progress to Higher Education or enter employment.
Key duties include:
• Teach on a range of programmes delivering effective learning (specifically Computing)
• Planning, preparing and delivering high quality teaching and learning
• Maintain comprehensive, up to date, records and provide information as requested using College systems to track and communicate student progress
• Develop and share resources for the course/subject
• Engage in curriculum development and planning activities, individually and as part of a team
The ideal candidate will have:
• GCSE grade C or equivalent qualification in English and Maths
• Degree in a relevant subject area or appropriate professional qualification
• Recognised teaching qualification or willingness to complete one within the first 3 years of appointment
• Successful teaching experience in Computing/ Computer Science (Programming)
• Knowledge of and proven ability to deliver the curriculum successfully
• Recent industrial experience (desirable)
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.