Part-time (0.5 FTE) 18.75 hrs per week
Salary: £23,665 - £33,585 (actual salary £11,833 - £16,793)
Location: Stafford and Newcastle-under-Lyme College
In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted’s recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
The inspection report praised all areas of the College’s provision and acknowledged NSCG’s ‘positive, stimulating and safe learning environment’, ‘highly motivated staff’, and ‘learners’ exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning’. It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry.
To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website, select Find an Inspection Report and search for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes. We have over 4,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. Our Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
Based in our Faculty of Progression Studies, we are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual to teach on our Access (Biology) provision. As well as being an inspiring lecturer with the ability to enable all learners to reach their true potential, you will hold an appropriate subject qualification to degree level along with a Level 5 teaching qualification such as the Diploma in Education and Training (formerly DTLLS) or equivalent or willingness to obtain it.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach on agreed Access and GCSE Science programmes.
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
- Will involve teaching GCSE Science one evening a week
Required Skills and Experience:
- Teaching qualification (PGCE or DTTLS) or willingness to obtain one.
- Has a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
- Ideally has relevant teaching experience within the FE sector.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period).
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Biology, please click ‘Apply Now’ to complete an online application form.
(If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an e-mail and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
The closing date for completed applications is 17th January 2021
Interviews Week commencing 25th January 2021
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
NSCG - Newcastle Campus
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years