We have a fantastic opportunity for a Lecturer to teach Computing/Computer Science and related IT topics to IT/Computing students at Level 3 and Higher Education (Level 4 and 5), and to contribute to the development and organisation of the curriculum as a member of the IT and Computing team.
As a Lecturer in Computer Science & IT, you will contribute to the provision of an excellent learner experience to students on those courses, including retention of the students and the achievement of their qualifications.
This position does require expertise in Computer Science and IT, particularly programming and networking, with the successful candidate playing an active role in the development of new resources towards the new RQF specifications. I would encourage you to look through the Pearson’s BTEC Computer Science and IT specifications to see the detailed requirements and decide if your skills match the content.
L3 Computing: https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-nationals/computing-2016.html#tab-1
L3 IT: https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-nationals/information-technology-2016.html#tab-4
As a Lecturer in Computer Science & IT, you should:
- Hold a degree in Computer Science, Computing (or other related discipline)
- Have GCSE A* - C in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent (new grading 9 - 4)
- Have experience of teaching Computer Science, Computing, Programming, Networking, Cyber/IT security, Databases, Software Development or similar
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- An up-to-date knowledge of the relevant curriculum – specifically the Pearson BTECs at Levels 3, 4 and 5
- Experience of teaching computer science, computing, programming, networking, cyber/IT security, databases, software development or similar
- A good knowledge and understanding of computer science and computer architecture concepts
- Working knowledge and ability to use an industry-relevant high-level programming language such as C# or Java
- Child Care Vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11am, Friday 8 December 2017
Interviews to take place Friday 15 December 2017
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people. Adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.