Start Date: September 2017
Do you want to work for an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ college?
Walsall College is one of the leading colleges in the sector, being uniquely and proudly vocational, we are committed to bringing talent to life by maximising the potential of our students and staff.
We are current seeking a highly motivated and committed Lecturer in Computing to provide an outstanding educational experience, enabling our students to maximise their potential.
Providing a high standard of teaching, learning and assessment is a key responsibility of this role, together with acting as a Tutor to a group of students.
You must have a relevant qualification in the subject area, and a teaching qualification (or willingness to work towards).
The successful applicant must have proven subject knowledge of Computer hardware, networking and knowledge of electronics is desirable.
For full specification requirements please refer to the job description.
In return, we offer;
- Competitive salary, of up to £35,796 pro rata for qualified Lecturers.
- Up to 35 days annual leave with generous additional closure days.
- Enrolment into the Teachers Pensions or West Midlands Pension Fund with generous employer contributions.
- Outstanding staff training and team building programme.
- ZEST is the College’s Health & Wellbeing initiative for our staff.
- Staff incentive schemes including Busy Bees Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme and ‘Best of Walsall’ discounts.
- Simply Health care scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- Two state of the art campuses with the latest industry facilities, including our Graduate Salon of Hair and Beauty and on site Little Professors’ Nursery.
- Access to ‘The Hub’ offering a Gym, Spa & Sports Clinic and The Littleton Restaurant.
We are passionate about promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working environment where diversity is recognised and celebrated and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential. Our environment is diverse in character and student population. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black Minority Ethnic origin and those with a disability.
Walsall College is committed to safeguarding our children and young people/vulnerable adults. We uphold fundamental British Values and expect all our employees to do the same. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks, including previous employment checks and an Enhanced DBS Check.