Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
We are looking for positive and enthusiastic Lecturer who is able to deliver units on a range of Health and Social Care courses and the associated administrative and pastoral responsibilities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach and assess on courses including Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care, BTEC Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care/Health Studies
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
- Act as Personal Tutor to a group of students and undertake the duties associated with this pastoral role.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ideally has a first degree (or equivalent in a relevant discipline) e.g. a qualified nurse or social worker.
- Has a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS or equivalent) or willingness to train for one
- ideally has relevant teaching experience (particularly BTEC Health & Social Care at Levels 2 & 3) within the FE sector.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teacher’s Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
How to apply:
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Health and Social Care, please click here and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 24th March 2019.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.