LEEDS COLLEGE OF BUILDING
LECTURER IN HIGHWAYS MAINTENANCE – FULL TIME, PART-TIME & VARIABLE HOURS
Hours: Full-time (37 hours), part-time & variable
Full-time and part-time: £30,975 to £34,713 plus a one off recruitment incentive of up to £3,000 (dependant on qualifications) – pro rata for part-time
Variable hours: £27.59 or £23.94 per hour (dependant on qualifications)
As an award winning college, we are always looking for exceptional staff to help us to fulfil our ambitions. Providing aspirational teaching is vital to inspiring the next generation in industry.
As such, we are looking for qualified trade professionals who are keen to share their extensive knowledge and expert skills with young people and adults. Ideally you will have experience in:
• Repairing of damaged rural and urban roads using hand and power tools and pedestrian plant machinery.
• Repairs to pot holes.
• Replacement and reinstatement of pavements and kerbs, installing street ironworks and laying new surfaces for pedestrian and vehicle access.
• Experience of using equipment to locate buried water, gas or sewer lines and excavation to access these.
• Experience preparing, planning and setting up temporary traffic management on rural and urban roads to allow for the movement and flow of traffic and pedestrian restrictions
You need to be passionate about developing students’ employability skills (including Maths, English and enterprise) and be willing to contribute to our innovative curriculum development and delivery.
In return we offer a warm and welcoming college with outstanding facilities and an excellent benefits package that includes:
• A generous 35 day annual leave entitlement, plus 8 bank holidays and 6 college closure days.
• A well-respected occupational pension scheme (Teachers Pensions)
• Free parking at all of our College site (on a first come, first served basis)
• Family friendly policies and opportunities for flexible working
• Superb opportunities for training and development
So, if you’d like to be part of a unique organisation that supports one of the largest employment sectors in the UK, we’d love to hear from you.
Please note that all applications should be completed online. Please visit the vacancies section of our website at www.lcb.ac.uk. CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date: Tuesday 27th August 2019 at 4.00pm
Please note this position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The College is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. It is also committed to the ‘Prevent Duty’ and the requirement to prevent people being drawn into terrorism and expects all staff to share these commitments.