Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a ‘Good’ College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection. Our mission is simple- “Empowerment through learning”.
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best-performing FE institution within the Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables.
Furthermore, in April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the ‘Business and Education’ category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
Lecturer in Mathematics – GCSE Foundation level
Hours: Full-time, Fixed Term until June 2021
Salary: Up to £32,799 per annum pro rata + Excellent benefit
A position has arisen to teach foundation level (grade 1 – 5) GCSE mathematics at Macclesfield College. The role will be a mixture of small group catch up sessions and small classes.
The ideal candidate need not have a degree in maths. It is more important that you have an engaging and motivating personality to support our learners as they retake GCSE mathematics. We are looking for someone who can explain foundation level concepts to students who may be struggling. You will need patience, good GCSE maths skills and a great sense of humour.
This position might suit someone from the primary or secondary education sector who wishes to change career pathway. Experience of teaching 16+ is not necessary.
You must however be educated to degree level and have a suitable teaching qualification or be willing to undertake one.
- To plan teaching, learning and assessment for college programmes using the appropriate college and awarding body format to ensure effective learning.
- To deliver teaching and learning to a consistently good or outstanding standard to achieve high success rates.
- To assess accurately learners, work both formatively and summatively against appropriate awarding body criteria to ensure learners achieve their qualifications.
- To comply with all college quality assurance procedures as prescribed to ensure the achievement of all internal and external audits.
- To use all appropriate resources effectively to ensure that the learners’ experience results in positive learning outcomes and high professional standards.
- To support learners progress through personal tutoring to help learners achieve their full potential and progress appropriately.
- To assist with the marketing of college programmes including identifying new opportunities, attending internal and external events and interview evenings to increase the recruitment of Learners.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.
To apply for this post, simply complete and submit the TES application form.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Contact Details: For any further details contact Human Resources – Tel: 01625 410007 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years