Job Reference: FEB20196815
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
Would you like to be part of a determined, progressive and ambitious college who strives to deliver an outstanding experience for its learners? Then come and join the Construction & Engineering Team at Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual to teach on the Level 2 & 3 qualifications along with a range of part time courses including Apprenticeship Standards delivery. The department also delivers specialist short courses to industry.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach Mechanical Engineering and related units across the full range of the Centre’s provision.
- To teach other specialist subjects for which you are qualified and which are appropriate.
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
- To act as a personal tutor or course tutor to a group of students and undertake the duties associated with this pastoral.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a level 3 qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Has or is willing to study for a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE or equivalent).
- Has industry experience, with current knowledge and the ability to deliver to industry standard.
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
Teachers' Pension Scheme; 37 days holiday; Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
How to apply:
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering (Machinist – Milling / Turning), please go to and click on ‘Apply’ to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 24th February 2019.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.