- To be responsible to the Community Lettings Manager to provide flexible outstanding customer care and caretaking / premises services for third party use of the school’s sporting and business facilities at evenings, weekends and during school holiday periods.
- It may also involve supporting the Premises Team during the school day and early evening.
- This is a zero hour contract and flexibility is essential to respond to the needs of Aureus Community Lettings.
- Provide a flexible, responsive and helpful lettings reception service to all third party users of the school’s facilities, ensuring high standards of customer care at all times.
- Unlock the school site and relevant facilities and buildings required for third party use.
- Set-up furniture, equipment and facilities in preparation for third party use.
- Assist in the maintenance and upkeep of the facilities (e.g. litter picking, sweeping, emptying bins, basic cleaning and use of pitch maintenance equipment). Training will be provided in the use of any specialist equipment.
- Promptly and accurately report any defects or hazards identified in the school premises and equipment.
- Assist in the general administration of the school’s facilities, including signing-in hirers and teams, taking telephone calls and using a computerised booking system.
- Be highly visible and proactive throughout all third party use to help promote a positive, safe and welcoming environment for all users of the school’s facilities.
- Pack away any furniture and equipment at the end of the booking and ensure that all facilities are ready for use by the school.
- Ensure that the facilities and site are safe, tidy and secure at the end of third party use.
- Playing a full part in the life of the school community as needed, supporting its distinctive ethos and encouraging staff and students to follow this example.
- Actively promoting school policies and procedures.
- Responsibility for own continued professional development.
- Compliance with the school’s Health & Safety policy undertaking risk assessments as appropriate.
- To be courteous to colleagues, visitors and telephone callers and provide a welcoming environment.
- Attending and participating in meetings scheduled in the school calendar punctually.
- Adhering to the School’s Safeguarding Policy.
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all.
- Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
- Recognise own strengths and areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others.
- This job description allocates duties and responsibilities but does not direct the particular amount of time to be spent on carrying them out and no part of it may be so construed
- The duties may be varied to meet the changing demands of the school and community lettings at the reasonable discretion of the Headteacher
Accountability: Community Lettings Manager
GLF Schools expects its employees to work flexibly within the framework of the duties and responsibilities specified above. This means that the post holder may be expected to carry out work that is not specified in the job profile but which is within the remit of the duties and responsibilities.
Safeguarding: GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification and will be required to apply for a DBS disclosure. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
For further information please apply below or email firstname.lastname@example.org