LEVEL 1 TEACHING ASSISTANT
(Initial 1 year Fixed Term contract, potential for Permanent)
Scale 1B (£18,812 Actual: £15,875) 36 hours/week term time only
(Suitably experienced and qualified applicants may secure a TA2 position)
The Governors of this friendly and inclusive school are seeking to appoint a Level 1 Teaching Assistant from 1 September 2021. In this position you will be supporting pupils with SEN across the school in their normal lessons. Our pupils value good and innovative teaching and learning experiences and respond well to enthusiastic and charismatic staff. In return we can offer you the opportunity to be part of a strong, well-trained and dedicated learning support team who have the best interests of our pupils at heart. All Hallows values the unique support that our teaching assistants give to our pupils.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain practical experience of working in a school environment perhaps before committing to a teacher training course. Equally, this may suit an experienced/qualified TA who is seeking a longer-term commitment.
The successful candidates will be expected to:
• Assist pupils across a range of ages and different subjects
• Provide support for pupils, including those with special educational/health needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning.
• Promote self-esteem and encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate.
• Undertake structured and agreed learning activities, recording achievement and progress and feeding back to the teacher.
• Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
• Candidates are expected to promote and uphold the Catholic ethos and values of the school and to participate in activities that contribute to this Catholic ethos.
Application forms should be returned by email to Ms G Perkins at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 7 June 2021 12:00 midday
All Hallows RC High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
All Hallows RC High School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
All Hallows Roman Catholic High School is proud to fall under the Diocese of Salford a mixed comprehensive secondary school situated in and serving the families and communities of the inner city Salford. We are a Catholic school, not only in na...