Grade D SCP 6-11 £ 19,171 - £21,166 pro rata (actual salary £13,033 - £14,389) + SEN allowance of £1,289 pro rata (actual £876)
30.25 hours per week 8.45am – 3.00pm (half hour unpaid lunch & 4.30 finish on Wednesdays)
PART TIME JOB SHARE POSITIONS AVAILABLE - WORKING EITHER EVERY MORNING (8.15AM - 12 NOON) OR EVERY AFTERNOON (12 NOON - 3.15PM)
Term time + 1 training day
Are you passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances?
Are you prepared to work collaboratively for the benefit of young people?
Will you offer children the opportunity to experience “life in all its fullness” by doing what it takes, no matter what their starting point or social challenges?
If so, Bolton St Catherine’s Academy would love to hear from you!
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation and are delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us as we work hard to improve and bring in line our KS4 outcomes with those in our primary and 6th form phases which are already considered to be good. Last year we joined the recently formed Bishop Fraser Trust, a C of E multi academy trust, providing a great opportunity to work closely with the two outstanding schools in the MAT - St James’s C of E High School and Canon Slade School, sharing good practice and building on the much needed improvement work and progress that has been taking place over these past two years.
The schools of The Bishop Fraser Trust aim to offer:
- A high quality, inclusive and distinctive education
- A caring and nurturing environment based on our Christian values, recognising the uniqueness of each child.
Working closely with the class teachers and under the direction of our Assistant SENDCos, the successful candidates will be people who:
- have high expectations for students’ attainment and personal development
- have significant experience of working with secondary aged children with challenging behavioural and social needs
- can clearly demonstrate adding value to the amount of progress made by a child as a result of their input
- display and role model professional appearance, values and ethics at all times
- are able to demonstrate the patience, commitment and passion for working with our young people
- have personal resilience and show persistence in discovering and implementing those strategies that best engage students in their learning
- can quickly build rapport and effective professional relationships with both colleagues and our young people
- can work flexibly to meet changing demands
- ideally have a Level 2 Supporting Teaching & Learning or equivalent qualification or be expected to work towards attaining
In return we can offer:
- fantastic facilities
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- a rigorous and motivational weekly programme of continuous professional development
- opportunities to work with primary phase pupils and get involved in extra-curricular activities
- a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- A lunch allowance for those colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
For more information visit our website www.boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk or contact Charlie Bradburn or Ainsley Leonard on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school prior to application are warmly welcomed. Please contact Noeleen Casey, SEN Administrator, to arrange on 01204 332533.
To apply please complete the TES online application form, ensuring in your application statement that you show how you meet items on the person specification and explaining why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please pre-empt any obvious questions your application may pose by addressing these in your application.
The Bishop Fraser Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to child protection screening including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and also past employment checks. We are an equal opportunities employer. References will be sought prior to interview.
Closing date: 9am Friday 28th June 2019.