Job reference: PPA-127
Contract Hours: 37 per week, term time, plus 4 weeks including 5 PP Days
Pennyman Primary Academy is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Level 3 Specialist Medical Learning Support Assistant to join the academy as part of Tees Valley Education Trust. Pennyman Primary is a vibrant, creative and forward-looking academy keen to employ an outstanding, enthusiastic and experienced Specialist Medical Learning Support Assistant.
We are looking for someone who has a genuine interest in working with children; are interested in their development and learning and have good organisational and communication skills. We ask that all staff working with our children hold qualifications in English and mathematics that are at least equivalent to GCSE grade ‘C’. Qualification as a teaching assistant is desirable, though not essential.
Duties will include:
- Assisting children to be successful through supporting excellent attitudes towards learning and behaviour and helping them to access the curriculum;
- Supervising pupils who may be working outside normal timetables or who need 1:1 support outside of the classroom, at playtimes and lunchtimes (including a duty)
- Time allocated each week to allow for oversight of academy care team and pupil care plans, under the supervision of the AHT for SEND and Welfare and SEND Inclusion Manager.
- Working with parents of children with complex medical needs, as part of a multi-disciplinary framework, alongside health and social care practitioners to support the child and the academy
- Undertake annual assessments so that medical competencies can be signed off by registered nurse, in addition to other essential medical training
- Assist with specialist feeding regimes, oxygen management and conditions affecting urology and continence
- Assist with the production of risk assessments and pupil personal moving and handling plans
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to join a supportive and enthusiastic team who are committed to engaging and inspiring children’s learning and life chances. We are fully committed to your ongoing professional development and training and for all areas specified in the job description will be provided by the Trust.
We have a strong inclusive ethos and work in partnership with our academies and other stakeholders.
Tees Valley Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Applications are invited from prospective candidates who are able to demonstrate that they are able to meet the essential criteria set out in the person specification and who have the vision, values and tenacity to join an outstanding team and help continue the journey towards excellence.
Show rounds can be arranged, following socially distancing guidelines, by appointment with the academy office on the following dates Tuesday 13th April. Wednesday 14th April and Thursday 15th April at 3.30pm
Further details and an application form are available from www.teesvalleyeducation.co.uk
Closing Date: Friday 16th April 9.00 am
Shortlisting: Friday 16th April 2021
Interview Date: Friday 23rd April 2021
Hand written or electronic printed copies of the Tees Valley Education application form should be posted or hand delivered to the following address for the attention of Mrs Louise Stogdale, Head of Academy. Please be aware that if you are sending your application by e-mail, the Trust cannot be responsible for any formatting anomalies when printing.
By post: Tees Valley Education, Pennyman Primary Academy, Fulbeck Road, Middlesbrough TS3 0QS.
By E-mail: email@example.com
If you have any queries about the position or the academy and the trust, please do not hesitate to contact the academy direct on 01642 314750 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Pennyman Primary Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years