Al Khor International School is a 3 to 18, co-educational and non-selective international school. Owned by Qatargas, the world’s largest producer of liquefied natural gas, AKIS caters primarily for the children of the company’s employees. We are one of the largest international schools in the Middle East with more than 4,000 students across our KG, British Curriculum and CBSE Curriculum schools. The school has exceptional facilities and is located in Al Khor Community, 40 minutes north of Qatar’s capital city Doha.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced librarian. The successful candidate will be an effective team player with the ability to nurture a passion for learning in all students, and a commitment to support high quality learning and teaching. This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly and welcoming community in one of the leading international schools in the region.
Skills & Qualities:
- Relevant degree
- Library experience, preferably in an educational setting
- Knowledge of online cataloguing systems e.g. Oliver
- Commitment to student wellbeing and learning
- Good communication and people skills
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to speak Arabic would be an advantage
- Organise and manage the library environment to engage students and stimulate a love of reading
- Liaise with teachers to plan library lessons, and ensure collections and library displays synchronise with curriculum themes
- Review resources to ensure content is age and culturally appropriate, as deemed by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MoEHE) guidelines
- Administer the loan and return of books in line with school policy
- Create, update and manage information resources
- Classify and catalogue new library resources online, using Oliver software
- Shelve books using the Dewey system to ensure collections are well-organised
- Hold information literacy sessions with students
What we offer:
Our excellent compensation package includes:
- A highly competitive tax-free salary
- High quality professional learning and development
- End of service benefits
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to submit a fully attested degree certificate, transcript and police certificate.
Please note that due to government regulations we can only consider applicants who are below 50 years of age.
How to apply:
Please click the apply button.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
27 February 2021
For further information about the school, please visit http://www.akis.sch.qa
Al Khor International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Al Khor International School (AKIS)
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of age 4 - 18 years
About Al Khor International School
Owned by Qatargas – one of the largest natural gas-producing companies in the world, AKIS was established to cater primarily for the children of its employees. The school is located in Al Khor Community, approximate...