The Library Resource Centre at King Edward VI School provides a thriving hub of reading and research for the whole of our student population and can be considered a national leading facility.
We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate member of staff to join our Library team.
Supporting the Librarian and Resource Centre Manager, you will be part of the team responsible for the day–to-day operation of the busy and demanding Library Resource Centre.
The post will also involve leading reading groups and will include some periods of when you will be solely responsible for the LRC. We are looking for an efficient, enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills and a genuine enjoyment of working with children. You will be approachable, calm, caring but firm. Previous experience would be preferred but is not essential.
In this role, you will work 18.5 hours per week, term time only. This will include working Wednesday from 8.30am until 4.15pm, with remaining hours to be agreed with an 8.30am start.
We welcome applications from candidates who:
- are confident working independently with large groups of students of all ages, abilities and contexts.
- are able to work under their own initiative, using problem solving skills.
- have exceptional ICT skills and the ability to quickly adapt to new technologies.
- have excellent communication skills (with staff and parents as well as students)
- are able to manage a varied workload and adapt to changing priorities throughout the day.
- are a team player with a can-do attitude.
As a small dedicated team, the role holder’s attitude to their work and fellow team members is just as important as their skills and abilities.
King Edward VI School is a popular 11-18 comprehensive school rated Good by OfSTED in 2017 with recognition of outstanding practice and high expectations. The school is well-regarded within the community and has a reputation for high quality teaching. Lichfield is a small, vibrant cathedral city which is easily accessible from the surrounding areas.
For further information about our school, please visit www.keslichfield.org.uk or telephone us on 01543 255714.
If you feel that this is the school and role for you, please complete the application form and recruitment monitoring form and send them back to us via email: email@example.com
Closing date: Noon on Wednesday 26 May 2021
Interview date: Thursday 10 June 2021
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose all criminal convictions.
King Edward VI School Lichfield
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years