The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Our Lady of the Way Catholic Primary School, Petrie is a child safe environment. Our Lady of the Way is a co-educational Prep-Year 6 Catholic inclusive primary school.
Applications are sought for a Library School Officer.
The successful library school officer will demonstrate high levels of collaboration and life long learning.
TYPICAL DUTIES/SKILLS: Typical duties performed include, but not limited to:
* Search and verify bibliographical data where some discretion and judgement are involved.
* Copy catalogue books, magazines journals and recorded material where some discretion and judgement are involved.
* Maintain circulation systems where some discretion and judgement are involved.
* Respond to enquiries from staff, students, parents and the general public and address issues in accordance with routines, methods and procedures.
* Assist in the demonstration of complex audio visual or computer equipment under supervision of academic staff member(s) where some discretion and judgement are involved.
Candidates are asked to write a brief statement about their demonstrated ability for each of the duties/skills listed above.
Candidates are required to submit a current resume, qualifications and names and contact details of two referees, one of which must be their current line manager.
Our Lady of the Way school is located in Petrie. The school provides a nurturing community centred environment for learning and is firmly grounded in the Catholic tradition. It is a coeducational primary school catering for approximately 345 students. The school embraces the 4 pillars of Faith, Learning, Community and Diversity.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: Commencing as soon as possible
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only - holidays unpaid
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): 6 December 2019
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 17.5 hours per week - required to work Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: Level 2
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: John Parkinson
Contact Telephone Number: 3285 2977
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window