Manchester Academy is vibrant, dynamic and forward thinking teaching community which embraces diversity and is committed to ensuring the success of our students. We are located on the outskirts of the world famous Manchester City Centre which means excellent transport links into Manchester and the North-West.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Literacy and Reading Programme Coordinator to join our vibrant, dynamic and forward-thinking school with cutting-edge facilities and a nurturing environment to start Easter 2018.
As a Literacy and Reading Programme Coordinator you will use your skills to promote a life-long love of reading amongst all Manchester Academy students as rapidly improve reading ages and levels of literacy across the Academy and conduct the duties detailed below and going forward.
We are currently looking to appoint an individual who has;
• Achieved Qualified Teacher Status
• A degree or equivalent in the subject to be taught, English
• Experience in teaching and the ability to motivate a diverse student body.
• An understanding of Assessment for Learning.
In return we will provide you with;
• The opportunity to work alongside our dedicated and hardworking English department.
• Support with CPD and development needs.
• A positive and modern environment in which to work in.
Please read the Job Description for further details on this post.
Please read the Job Description for further details on this post. Manchester Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, therefore as part of the Safer Recruitment process, references will be requested if shortlisted for the position. Manchester Academy is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in employment. Appointment will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and satisfactory medical screening.