Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate strategies to support adult and family literacy in the Tasmanian Prison Service and/or Community Corrections and the broader Tasmanian community, in consultation and partnership with the Department of Justice, Department of Education and community stakeholders.
The Registration to Work with Vulnerable People Act 2013 requires persons undertaking work in a regulated activity to be registered. A regulated activity is a child related service or activity defined in the Registration to Work with Vulnerable People Regulations 2014. This registration must remain current and valid at all times whilst employed in this role and the status of this may be checked at any time during employment.
• Current Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (Registration Status - Employment) The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this position is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer.
1. Pre-employment checks
• Arson and fire settings
• Violent crimes and crimes against the person
• Sex-related offences
• Drug and alcohol related offences
• Crimes involving dishonesty
• Crimes involving deception
• Making false declarations
• Malicious damage and destruction to property
• Serious traffic offences
• Crimes against public order or relation to the Administration of Law and Justice
• Crimes against Executive or the Legislative Power
• Crimes involving Conspiracy 2. Disciplinary action in previous employment
3. Identification check
Qualifications and/or experience in adult and family literacy or relevant tertiary qualifications. A current driver's licence.
Enquiries to Garry Conroy-Cooper (03) 6777 2452
All interested applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss specific details of the vacancy with the Contact Person.
For relevant supporting documents, including a statement of duties, please click Apply Now.
Electronic submission of applications via ‘Apply Now’ is preferred.
Applications submitted electronically:
- must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format, each with a size no greater than 10MB
- will be acknowledged immediately by return email
- do not require additional paper copies of the application to be sent through the mail
Applicants should forward/include:
- a completed Application for Employment form
- a statement addressing the selection criteria
- relevant personal details and work history.
All applicants are required to supply a valid email address with their application for the purposes of email communication.
The cost associated with obtaining a Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (Registration Status - Employment) is the responsibility of the individual.
Applications should be made via the Apply Now button and submitted online by 11.30pm AEDT on the advertised closing date.
Should you have any queries regarding applying for this vacancy online, please contact Department of Education HR Recruitment and Employment phone +61 3 6165 6285.
Department of Education Tasmania