Ladybarn Primary seeks an enthusiastic and friendly Lunchtime Organiser to cover a maternity period in looking after the welfare of children over the lunchtime period, 12.00 – 1.30pm daily. The contract will run until August 2018 or until the member of staff returns.
- To take responsibility for and supervise a class of children during the lunchtime period.
- To form positive relationships with children and operate the school discipline policy.
- To assist in the efficient organisation and smooth running of the dining room as required.
- To supervise and develop children’s play and use of equipment in the playground or in classrooms as required.
- To attend to children’s physical needs as required, including toileting, hand washing, and use of cutlery.
- To be aware of the requirements of any pupils in the class with special needs.
- To care for the health, safety and well-being of children during the lunchtime period.
- Taking pupils who have minor accidents or are unwell to the designated First Aider where necessary, and if first aid is not necessary, comforting and reassuring them
- To report more serious accidents to the Head of School.
- To know and implement as necessary the school procedures for first aid, Child Protection, fire drills and evacuation.
- To liaise with the class teachers on a daily basis.
- To attend paid lunchtime organisers meetings and training sessions by agreement with the Executive Headteacher.
This position is subject to 2 professional references and DBS clearance.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide feedback to those applicants who are not short listed.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
We cannot accept CVs as an application. Our application form must be used and completed in full, making sure you address the person specification. Submissions received without a completed application form will not be considered.
Ladybarn is a one-form entry primary school in Levenshulme. It is part of the very successful, Multi Academy, Kingsway Community Trust which also includes the Ofsted Graded Outstanding Cringle Brook Primary and Green End Primary Schools.
The Trust is led and managed by one Executive Headteacher, who is a National Leader of Education and one Governing Body, whose Chair is a National Leader of Governance. In each school there is a full time Head of School who lead and manage alongside the Executive Headteacher.
Kingsway Community Trust can offer you:-
- A thriving learning community with a positive ethos and innovative approaches
- A supportive and empowering environment, supported by a National Leader of Education
- The support of a well-established, highly successful and forward thinking Trust
- A culturally rich and diverse urban community