7.5 hours per week, term time + 5 days
We are looking to recruit a Lunchtime Supervisor, who will work as part of a team, to be responsible for the supervision of pupils on the school site throughout the midday break (the interval between the close of morning school and the re-commencement of school in the afternoon). They will assist in securing the health, safety, welfare and conduct of our pupils and pro-actively support activities and correct behaviour in accordance with our Behaviour Policy and procedures of the school.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have experience working with children/young people;
• Have experience of encouraging the development of relationships between children/young people;
• Have good verbal communication skills in order to liaise with children/young people and other staff members;
• Love encouraging, motivating and inspiring young children, through the support, to encourage learning;
• Be committed to our ethos that all pupils can achieve at Millbridge Academy:
• Have great references demonstrating they are a suitable candidate and are safe to work with children.
At SHARE MAT, we aim to:
• Equip our staff to deliver their best every day, our belief is that ‘Valuing People, Supporting Personal Best’ is key;
• Encourage all of our pupils to go beyond what they think they can achieve and to enjoy learning, helping them to lead healthy and happy lives;
• Ensure our staff are happy at work, taking pride in pupils’ progress and development;
• Never stop improving, developing and sharing our practice with others;
• Deliver training and guidance relevant to job role so expectations are understood and staff feel motivated;
• Offer great benefits making us the employer of choice, including outstanding CPD, supportive line management and networking opportunities across the MAT to aid personal development.
Millbridge is one of eight academies within our trust and is part of a close-knit community, well-located for commute from Leeds, Huddersfield and Wakefield. We encourage that you visit the academy during its’ open day, where a warm welcome awaits. You will see that Millbridge, Academy:
• Offers an exceptional learning environment, alongside a wide range of professional learning and development opportunities;
• A vibrant place of learning and encouragement where children are happy, settled and confident;
• Has a broad and balanced curriculum that provides a memorable educational experience for all of its pupils;
• Aims to equip pupils with the attributes and attitude they need for their next stage of education;
Closing date: 11th April 2021.
Interview date: 16th April 2021.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
SHARE MAT is committed to the Equalities Act 2010 and also to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people, by adhering to the “Keeping Children Safe in Education” guidance. All staff and volunteers are regularly trained regarding our expectations in keeping our students safe. An enhanced DBS is required for every post.
SHARE MAT comprises of Lily Park Primary, Woodside Green Primary, Heaton Avenue Primary, Luck Lane Primary, Millbridge Primary, Royds Hall, Shelley College, and Thornhill Community Academy. A central team provides operational support.
Millbridge, A SHARE Primary Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years