Kowloon Junior School Website: http://www.kjs.edu.hk
Kowloon Junior School (KJS) is a 5 form entry primary school with 900 students.
Mainscale Class Teacher
Kowloon Junior School is looking for a Mainscale Class Teacher. The position will be a full-time two years contract starting August 2019, renewable by mutual consent.
The main role of the classroom teacher is to maximise student learning and development through the planning, preparation and teaching of programmes which meet students’ individual learning needs and achieve specific student outcomes. Teachers teach a range of student abilities and classes and are accountable for the effective delivery of their programmes. The classroom teacher engages in critical reflection in order to improve their knowledge and skills to better engage students and improve their learning.
Teaching and Assessment:
• Planning lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student’s progression.
• Using a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management.
• Use flexible groupings and structured inquiry to deliver high quality lessons in line with the IBO philosophy
• Maintain a well organised and stimulating learning environment
• Use technology to effectively enhance learning
• Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students.
• Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student’s achievement in relation to learning outcomes.
• Providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers.
Wider professional roles:
• Planning and engaging in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities.
• Taking responsibility for own professional development and using the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning.
• Making an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school.
• Ensuring administration of classroom procedures are completed efficiently
• Collaborating with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning.
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Assisting with or managing an aspect of daily school management.
• Assisting year level co-ordinators, curriculum co-ordinators, student management co-ordinators, principal and vice principal with the performance of specific functions.
• Assisting with or managing a specialist function such as sport, careers, student welfare, excursions or camps co-ordination.
• Supervising a range of student activities including support and welfare programmes.
• Bachelor Degree in Education, or
• Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
• 1-3 years teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation
Closing Date: 27 Jan 2019
For enquiries, please contact Astor Gibbons at email@example.com.