ESF Abacus International Kindergarten
ESF Abacus International Kindergarten is looking for a Mainscale Teacher who thrives in a highly collaborative environment and who can make a positive contribution to our creative and dynamic community. We are looking for a teacher who is committed to professional development and who engages in reflective practices when planning an authentic curriculum. The position will be a full-time two years contract starting August 2021, renewable by mutual consent.
See ESF Terms and Condition for Kindergarten Teachers for further details of the package.
Teaching and Assessment:
- Planning a curriculum to meet students’ individual learning needs and to ensure students’ progression
- Planning for inquiry learning experiences in line with the IBO philosophy
- Using a range of appropriate strategies for learning and teaching and classroom management
- Maintain a well organized and stimulating learning environment
- Use technology to effectively enhance learning
- Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students
- Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show students’ achievement
- Providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers
Wider professional roles:
- Planning and engaging in professional learning activities that support the school and systematic priorities
- Taking responsibility for own professional development and using the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning
- Making an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school
- Ensuring administration of classroom procedures are completed efficiently
- Collaborating with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning
- Bachelor Degree in Education (Early Childhood Education), or Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE/PGDE in Early Childhood Education, or equivalent, which qualifies them to teach 3-5 years of age.
- 1-3 years of teaching experience within a recognized educational organization
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
For inquiries, please contact email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date.
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
The English Schools Foundation (ESF) is the largest English-medium international school organisation in Hong Kong. Our 22 schools and comprehensive programme of extra-curricular activities bring out the best in every student through a personalised approach to learning and by inspiring curious minds.
There are over 18,000 students from 75 different nationalities in ESF kindergartens, primary, secondary and all-through schools. About 70% of our students have parents who are permanent residents of Hong Kong.
ESF is proud of the high academic and wider achievements of our students. In 2020, 22 ESF students achieved the perfect score of 45 points in the IB Diploma examinations; more than 95% go on to leading universities worldwide.
About the Team
ESF Abacus International Kindergarten’s programme is for children aged 2 years 9 months to 5 years of age. Children attend for three hours per day, five days per week. The average class size is 22 children and classes are structured into K1 and K2 groups.
Abacus is authorised to deliver the IB Primary Years Programme, providing an inquiry-based and highly interactive programme. Children learn through play experiences and are encouraged to discover, experiment and reflect on their learning. Our aim at Abacus is to encourage children to become confident and independent learners. We teach children to respect themselves, others and the world around them and to work hard to reach their full academic potential.
Abacus offers two streams in both K1 and K2: English and Bilingual.
Abacus International Kindergarten - ESF
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Early Years
ESF Abacus International Kindergarten’s programme is for children aged 2 years 9 months to 5 years of age. Children attend for three hours per day, five days per week. The average class size is 22 children and classes are structured into K1 and K2 gr...