Glenealy School Website: http://www.glenealy.edu.hk
Our primary school, situated in Mid-Levels on Hong Kong Island, is one where children are empowered to flourish, learn and make a positive difference in the world. As part of the English Schools Foundation, the school, which was established in 1959, provides an exciting educational experience for our whole community.
Glenealy School has a long and proud history of excellence, innovation and child-centred education. Our young, happy, and internationally-minded learners are inclusive, motivated to be the best they can be, and are excited about how they can make a positive difference in the world.
Glenealy School is looking for outstanding Mainscale Class Teachers. The current positions available will be full-time two year, gratuitable contracts starting August 2020, renewable by mutual consent. See ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package.
Class teachers at Glenealy maximise student learning and development through the planning, preparation and teaching of programmes which meet students’ individual learning needs while empowering students to take ownership of their learning. An International Baccalaureate PYP school, we value inquiry and the personalisation of learning for all children, and are seeking teachers who are committed to helping each child become the best that they can be.
Teachers engage with our close community of parents, are flexible in their pedagogical approach and collaborate extensively with teachers across the school. Collaboration and engagement with other schools across ESF in order to continually innovate and provide the best for our students is an expectation. Teachers are accountable for the progress of their students, engaging in ongoing reflection and professional development in order to develop their knowledge and skills, to continually improve learning and teaching for our students.
Teaching and Assessment:
• Collaboratively plan engaging and challenging lessons and sequences of lessons to meet each student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student progression in line with the IB Primary Years Programme
• Use a range of appropriate strategies for the facilitation of learning along with positive classroom management.
• Maintain a well organised and stimulating learning environment
• Use technology to effectively enhance and transform learning experiences
• Use information about prior attainment to set expectations for students.
• Use a range of assessment and reporting methods that show students’ achievements in relation to learning outcomes.
• Provide timely, clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers.
Wider professional roles:
• Planning for and engaging in professional learning activities that support the school’s strategic plans and systematic priorities.
• Taking responsibility for own professional development and use the outcomes to improve teaching and learning.
• Collaborating with members of the school community, and other schools in the foundation to build a team environment that supports students’ learning.
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Assisting with aspects of daily school operations
• Contributing to the extra-curricular and community life of the school
• Engaging with school development plans and supporting leaders at all levels of the school
• Contributing to specialist areas of school development.
• Supporting a range of student activities including wellbeing programmes.
• Bachelor Degree in Education, or
• Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
• A Minimum of 3 years teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
Closing Date: 20 Oct 2019
For enquiries, please contact Pamela Stanley at +852 25221919 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.