Aldar Education is currently seeking a dedicated professional to join our growing Data and Assessment Team as Manager – Student Achievement working across our growing number of schools in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi commencing April 2021. This role is based out of our Headquarters and involves supporting our family of schools, teachers and over 20,000 students by providing high quality guidance and expertise to ensure outstanding outcomes.
This post will report directly to the Group Head – Student Achievement
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar Education family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group. We currently own or operate 19 schools covering the British, US and IB curricula across the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding individual with an ability to inspire and develop others. The ideal candidate may be, or have been, a senior or middle leader in schools or other educational settings with strong analytical skills and an expert in terms of using school performance data effectively. In addition, experience in working with students to enhance their performance and in promoting excellence would be beneficial. The successful candidate would also therefore have strong communication and interpersonal skills and be able to comfortably engage with our stakeholders across a range of achievement projects.
The successful candidate will be closely aligned with the core values and ethos of Aldar Education and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
Assessment and Data
• To create, develop and maintain data collection sheets for all grades, phases and schools for each subject
• To oversee the administration of external assessments (such as CAT4, Progress Tests, IBT and MAP) and support schools as required
• To provide a series of reports throughout the academic year that provide detailed analyses of school, subject and phase performance across the whole Group.
• To be able to support the delivery of high-quality assessment training.
• To monitor and track individual school assessment plans
• To be confident and up to date with the ever-changing assessment landscape and ensure that guidance to schools is relevant and appropriate.
• Promote good practice in use of assessment through for example, participation in assessment meetings, assessment newsletters.
• To be an active member of the assessment groups and support the Chairperson of each group as necessary. This includes taking notes and supporting the follow-up of key actions.
• To support with adhoc analyses and reporting involving data and information gathered from schools.
• To capture and report on formal examination performance each year eg GCSE, IB, A’level, EmSAT, SAT, AP.
• To maintain a central inspection record for all ADEK school inspections and monitor in line with SEF documentation using Aldar Education SEF/Inspection tracker tool.
• To maintain a watching brief on International assessments eg PISA, TIMSS and PIRLS
• To engage and be familiar with all reporting, student information systems eg Engage, PowerSchool, e-SIS and be fully engaged in new IT infrastructure developments that will impact on assessment requirements.
Student Enrichment and Community Programmes
• To work with the Coordinators of the Academy of Excellence (AoE), and other associated academies (such as the Performing Arts and Creative Arts academies), to promote student achievement accordingly.
• Work with relevant teams to design and implement wider community programmes. This will include coordination of winter, spring and summer camps.
• Oversee the production of termly newsletters and develop social media opportunities to ensure wider visibility of our achievements across the communities.
• Work with the academy team to promote competitions and events, including the end of year AoE presentation awards ceremony.
• Maintain database of AoE students and their relative contributions.
• Support the team with regards to administrative duties including but not limited to liaison with marketing, finance, HR.
• Be able to confidently meet with potential and current external businesses and support their induction into the relative academy as appropriate
• Actively seek sponsorship opportunities from external business which will also develop valuable strategic partnerships with other organisations.
• To attend and take notes of essential team meetings and support the academy coordinators with regards to actions that follow.
• To attend Continuous Professional Development (CPD) training as required
• Work closely with school leaders to support inspection preparation and outcomes related to student achievement
• To support the wider education team in meeting group strategic aims.
• To support the School Review team with the internal Aldar Education review process as required.
• To lead by example and maintain a high standard of professionalism at all times
• To participate in the Aldar Education continuous performance review (appraisal) scheme and work towards achieving and or exceeding of targets set – including carrying out the formal appraisal of appropriate staff
• To undertake and carry out any other such comparable duties commensurate with the grade of the post, as required by your Line Manager and/or the Directors of Education
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Education and/or mathematics related subject area, or Bachelor’s degree with postgraduate qualification in education (eg. PGCE).
Experience: At least 2 years’ Middle or Senior leadership in a school or general education setting.
Attributes: strong analytical and communication skills, emotionally intelligent, confident, reliable, trustworthy, collaborative, sense of humour, attentive, problem-solver, innovative, flexible, sets high expectations and standards, well-organised, culturally aware, respectful.
What we offer
Aldar Education is a family of world-class, student-centred and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 20,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational and dedicated education leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing and free child school places. Our future-focussed learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking education leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
Aldar Academies is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.
United Arab Emirates
- International schools & colleges