An exciting opportunity has arisen for a creative and innovative, Marketing and Communications Coordinator to join our Community Engagement team. This is a part-time, 12 month fixed-term contract position commencing 4 October 2021 or earlier by negotiation.
About the position:
- Coordinate the tactical planning, execution and evaluation of high quality and integrated communications to support the School’s engagement, marketing and recruitment strategies
- Develop and implement targeted marketing and communications plans for to profile school achievements, students, staff, alumni and events.
- Assist with the tactical development and implementation of innovative and engaging social media plans in conjunction with the Leader: Community Engagement and Community Engagement Coordinator.
- Undertake regular monitoring, ensure compliance with best practice, and maintain a current understanding of the social media landscape.
- Plan, write, edit and produce news and publications, ensuring consistency, relevance and timeliness across platforms, including the LMS.
- Support the writing, editing, and proof-reading of marketing collateral and publications.
- Work as part of the broader team by providing support during times of peak activity and assisting with community engagement events such as Welcome Night and Rock out March.
- End to end project management of key marketing and communication initiatives, managing timelines and resources needed to complete projects on agreed schedule.
- Support and champion a collaborative, innovative and accountable work environment within the Community Engagement department.
- Effectively manage relationships with stakeholders and clients throughout the School to build rapport, identify opportunities for collaboration and build strong partnerships.
Working at The Knox School offers:
- Personalised staff Professional Development Program.
- Competitive salary, dependent on skillset and experience.
- Opportunities for mentoring and progression career development.
- Supportive and stimulating work and learning environment set amongst beautiful grounds.
- Onsite car parking.
The ideal candidate will:
- Show the ability to adapt to new and changing situations.
- Possess relevant marketing experience in Social Media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Demonstrate advanced Graphic design and publishing skills using Adobe Creative Suite and the ability to create digital an advantage
- Have enhanced Website management skills using WordPress CMS and experience with online content creation.
- Have a strong understanding and proven experience of marketing and communication principles, including digital and social media.
- Exhibit an ability to communicate clearly and generate written copy for press releases, adverts and promotional collateral.
- Have fundamental experience in undertaking promotional and engagement activities (desirable).
- Demonstrate well-developed time management and organisational skills.
- Hold (or have the ability to obtain) a current Working With Children Check (Employee).
The successful candidate will actively support the School's vision and ethos and demonstrate the School Values of Achievement, Responsibility, Respect, Resilience and Care and Empathy.
The Knox School is committed to Child Safety and to student wellbeing and inclusion. Our HR and recruitment practices include thorough reference checks and background checks, including police record checks and working with children clearance, to ensure that we are recruiting the best people for our School.
For further information, please email email@example.com. Conditions, including salary, will be discussed at interview with shortlisted candidates. Written applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 24 September 2021 and will be reviewed upon receipt.
Applicants are invited to submit their resume along with a cover letter outlining recent experience and skills particularly aligned to the position, by email to Ms Jenny Lutz, HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Knox School
Wantirna South, Victoria 3152