The David Ross Education Trust is recruiting for a Marketing and Communications Manager (Primary Academies). This exciting new role could be the ideal next step in your career.
The David Ross Education Trust is a network of unique and diverse academies, committed to becoming the top performing multi-academy trust in the country. With over 13,000 students, we work with 34 primary and secondary academies across the East Midlands, Yorkshire, the East of England and in London. Our schools range from smaller rural primaries with around 50 children, to much larger secondary schools in the centre of urban areas.
To deliver even stronger outcomes for our students, colleagues and communities we are investing in our central marketing and communications team.
Our newly created Marketing and Communications Manager (Primary Academies) role is a key appointment for our Trust. We are looking for someone with a first-class skill-set, who wants to help us broaden the horizons of young people through a world-class education.
To watch our film about life at our schools, click here
About the role
The role of Marketing and Communications Manager (Primary) will be responsible for:
- Implementing targeted marketing campaigns in schools to attract new students to the Trust’s primary and nursery schools in main years of entry and existing year groups (direct, digital, PR and advertising).
- Providing dedicated support to our schools to support their marketing and communications plans, prioritising resource to provide support to those schools with the greatest requirements.
- Supporting schools’ parental communication plans to reach and engage with their school communities.
- Corporate communication creative and production.
- Brand management and governance.
- Sharing best practice and ideas within the marketing and communications team to drive improvements across the Trust.
Full-time role – 37 hours a week, 52 weeks a year – permanent position.
Salary & Benefits
· £27,000-£30,000 pa
· Access to generous contributory Local Government Pension Scheme
· 30 days annual leave plus statutory holidays
Who we are looking for
Educated to degree level or equivalent.
CIM Certificate or Diploma desirable.
A talented marketing professional with 3+ years’ experience ideally in the education sector.
Strong commercial acumen – the ability to translate organisational strategy into prioritised marketing plans that deliver clear and measurable outcomes.
Exceptional stakeholder management – a relationship builder with the ability to influence at all levels.
Hands-on - the ability and willingness to work at an operational level to drive change and results.
Creative – an exceptional story-teller and writer with a proven track record in delivering impactful, creative campaigns.
Proven project management expertise - experience of creating and delivering complex projects to plan and to budget.
What we offer you
Professional development, a varied and exciting working environment where no two days are the same, working with a team of colleagues committed to broadening our students’ horizons through a world-class, all-round education.
Please visit our website to complete our application form and submit your CV and covering letter.
The David Ross Education Trust is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.