Marketing Assistant (m/f) – part time (20 hrs/week)
Job Start: as soon as possible
Location: Könneritzstraße 47, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: 20 hours per week, initially time limited contract of employment for two years, extension possible
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds, thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (kindergarten).
The school is fully accredited by the Council of International Schools as well as the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are seeking a Marketing Assistant (m/f) starting as soon as possible. The Marketing Assistant collaborates with the marketing manager regarding daily marketing activities. He/she is responsible for maintaining the content of our school website.
Your tasks and responsibilities are:
- Maintaining the content of the school website ensuring content stays up to date and relevant
- Maintaining the school’s social media and online interactions with community by creating our individual face in social media
- Chief editor of school magazine LIS Observer
- Assisting the marketing manager with day-to-day marketing tasks and coordinating marketing activities upon request
- Have a strong understanding of content management systems and marketing principles
- Have experience in e-mail marketing, and social media
- Have excellent administration and organisational skills
- Have a responsibility-based approach and a goal-oriented mode of operation
- Be detail oriented and work independently in completing assigned tasks
- Work well with others and possess a strong work ethic
- Degree in marketing, business administration or any related field
- Good project management skills
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign as well as Typo 3 or any similar content management system
- Fluency in written and spoken English and German
- Previous experience working as a content manager or copywriter would also be an advantage
What we offer:
- A dynamic and challenging job in the beautiful city of Leipzig
- A friendly and welcoming team environment
- A family friendly company
- 30 days of vacation
- The opportunity to be part of our school community and international life in Leipzig
Leipzig is an historic, green, lively university city that is safe, well-connected, and in the cultural heart of Europe.
Please apply via our online application tool on our website and let us know on which website you found out about the vacant position. More information about the required application documents and a short manual how to upload your application are available under ‘Job Opportunities’.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact our HR Manager:
Christiane Heinold +49 341 – 393 77 630
The job offer will be closed as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.
More information about our mission, core objectives and values as well as our programmes are available on our website www.lis.school.