Location: Central London - Tottenham Hale and Whitechapel
Closing date: 11.00 on 17 September, 2021
Start date: September/October 2021
Welcome to Ada!
We are the Government’s National College for Digital Skills, a high performing technical college with the mission of educating and empowering the next generation of diverse digital talent. We currently employ 45 staff members educating just under 400 students and apprentices working with a fantastic range of industry partners to fulfil our mission of educating and empowering the next generation of diverse digital talent.
As a small but fast-growing college with campuses in Tottenham Hale, Whitechapel and Manchester, we have a very diverse student body from a wide range of backgrounds and are committed to using tech as a tool for social mobility. We have a wide range of talented staff members from education, corporate and non-profit backgrounds. We’re passionate about building a supportive, values driven environment for both our students and staff and this is where you come in!
What’s your mission:
- We are now searching for our first Marketing and Communications Manager to create and lead a strategic marketing and communications function which:
- Reaches growth targets for learner and employer recruitment and fundraising in line with the three year organisational plan
- Shapes external narrative about Ada, Digital Education and Diversity Equity and Inclusion
- Supports Ada’s transformation into the leading provider for digital apprenticeships
- Quickly grows profile, reach and influence, positioning Ada as the expert voice on digital education and diversity recruitment.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop, plan and execute a strong marketing and communications response to Ada’s outreach programme to drive recruitment to the Sixth Form and Apprenticeship programme in line with Ada’s mission to engage and attract diverse groups of people onto courses and apprenticeships
- Effectively promote Ada’s offer to prospective students via a range of channels .
- Provide tracking and reporting on all major Ada campaigns, including, for the annual Outreach Programme, Open day and Apprenticeship Fairs
- Contribute to the work around establishing and implementing a growth strategy to ensure application volumes and conversion rates meet or exceed set targets.
- Work alongside other teams on the delivery of strategically identified projects, where the project has a pivotal role, i.e. staff and student recruitment
- Work with key internal stakeholders to ensure that the website aligns with the brand strategy and meets agreed standards
- Develop effective marketing and communications collateral to strengthen Ada’s Outreach activities in schools and colleges
- Responsible for the upkeep of the Ada website, for example, reviewing the site governance of the website, i.e. removing outdated information, ensuring that links work etc.
We’d really like to hear from you, if…
- You have experience of successfully developing and delivering marketing strategies and tactics that generate high quality leads
- You have experience of integrating and coordinating campaigns (both marketing and pr) activity across multiple channels and a track record of these campaigns converting leads to sales/applicants
- You have excellent project management skills. Able to manage conflicting deadlines and priorities and work under pressure, driving own workload
- You are a gifted communicator (written and verbal). Ability to write concisely, tell stories with impact, using plain English and with a sharp eye for detail and accuracy
- You have experience of building or maintaining a brand in line with a charity’s values and vision to meet organisational goals.
- You have experience in digital communications including websites, SEO content management systems and e-newsletters.
- You take a strong creative and proactive approach to all areas of work, with ideas of how to engage target audiences and drive actions through communications
- You have knowledge and experience of measuring the impact of communications and campaigns strategies including testing, reporting and analysis of marketing campaigns
- You’re passionate about Ada’s work and want to make a positive difference to our next generation
- You’re comfortable to work flexibly in order to support Ada
- You are committed to equality and diversity
Ada, the National College for Digital Skill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and references will be sought from previous employers prior to commencing employment. Other related pre-employment checks appropriate to the post will also be carried out.
We care about equity, diversity and inclusion
- Ada. National College for Digital Skills recognises that equality of opportunity and the recognition and promotion of diversity are integral to its strengths. The following principles apply in respect of the College’s commitment to equality and diversity:
- To provide and promote equality of opportunity in all areas of its work and activity;
- To recognise and develop the diversity of skills and talent within its current and potential community;
- To ensure that all employees and prospective employees of the College are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential without receiving any unjustified discrimination or unfavourable treatment on grounds such as age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender reassignment, trans status, socio-economic status or any other irrelevant distinction;
- To provide and promote a positive working, learning, and social environment which is free from prejudice, discrimination and any forms of harassment, bullying or victimisation;
- To promote good relations between individuals from different groups.
Applicants with disabilities
Ada is keen to increase the number of disabled people it employs. We, therefore, encourage applications from individuals with a disability who are able to carry out the duties of the post. If you have special needs in relation to your application please contact us.
Sadly, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role so can only accept applications from candidates who have the legal right to work and remain in the United Kingdom.
How to apply for the role
Please submit your CV to email@example.com and answer the question: ‘What excites you most about this opportunity?’ in your email. In the subject field please write “Application for Marketing and Communications Manager” followed by your name.
Ada, the National College for Digital Skills
- Further Education
- Students of age 16 - 19 years